I am passionate about helping people connect to themselves and create happiness in their lives. I grew up in the Czech Republic under the communist rule, and before making The Bay Area my home in 2003, I traveled and lived around the world, learning from people of diverse cultures. Since my teenage years I have been drawn to contemplative traditions, inspired by various teachers and mentors. Meditation, mindfulness, exploration of consciousness and embodiment practices became an important part of my life.
I am warm, authentic, and present for my clients. I am passionate about the powerful process of healing and transformation through psychotherapy which I see as my vocation, as living my life purpose. I have a deep gratitude for the invitation to help my clients on their journeys. I am committed to personal and professional growth and have a strong connection to nature, enjoy traveling, art, cooking, sports, and spending time with family and friends. I have two beautiful step-kids, wonderful nephew and niece, very sweet labradoodle Chloe who you might meet in our sessions, and two cats.
My endless interest and intrigue with human behavior and relationships, as well as my own healing of cultural and personal trauma influenced my decision of studying psychology. I received an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from the Charles University in Prague in 2000, and an M.A. in Integral Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco in 2009. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC#52967) by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. I am EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant. I am a Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) and I am in Organic Intelligence Expert training for treatment of trauma. I have an advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples, and I am a Certified Realization Process Teacher. I currently volunteer as a training assistant at the HEART (Human Empowerment and Resiliency Training) and as a facilitator-in-training at EMDR HAP (Humanitarian Assistance Program). I am a co-therapist in MAPS MDMA/PTSD clinical trial at the San Francisco Insight and Integration Center.
I have over 15 years of International experience helping clients with various backgrounds, beliefs, and sexual orientations. I worked with all age groups and constellations (children, youth, adolescents, adults, elderly, individuals, couples, and families), and variety of issues including anxiety, depression, abuse, domestic violence, past traumas, relationship issues, body image, pre-marriage counseling, divorces issues, loss and grief, stress, transitional issues, addiction, identity issues, sexual orientation issues, sexual dysfunctions, life threatening illness, accidents, physical and sexual violence, and personal growth. I worked in The Bay Area at The Marina Counseling Center, , Francisco Middle School, and The Golden Gate Integral Counseling Center , as an After Hours Parent Support Line Counselor and a Training Specialist at Family Paths, in Japan I worked at The Ikebukuro Counseling Center, and in the Czech Republic at Sananim.
- MA in Counseling Psychology, concentration in Integral Counseling Psychology, 2009, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, California, USA
- MA in Psychology, concentration in Clinical Psychology, 2000, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Certificated Somatic Experiencing Practioner
- EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- Certified in Realization Process Spiritual Psychotherapy
- MAPS MDMA Therapy Training, 2016-2017
- Organic Intelligence Expert Training, 2016-2017
- Somatic Experiencing – 2013-2015, Tiburon, California, USA
- The Realization Process Teacher Training – 2012-2014, Ross, California, USA
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship and Core Skills Training – 2012-2013, San Francisco, California, USA
- Hotline Counselor Training – 2010, Family Paths, California, USA
- EMDR – 2009, Two Part Basic Training, EMDR Institute, Inc., South San Francisco, California, USA
- Group Psychotherapy Training – 1997-2001, SUR, Czech Republic
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please call: 415-255-2553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.